Summer is one of the best times to discover and explore the wonders of our natural world! In 2023, The Nature Place offered over 25 different themes and 40+ sessions of Summer Day Camp. Each nature-themed, week-long day camp offered children hands-on experiences in nature, through hikes, crafts, games, and other meaningful activities.
Mark your calendars for June 10 - August 23, 2024!
CHECK BACK IN JANUARY 2024 FOR REGISTRATION INFORMATION & LINKS!
Ages 4 – 6
12 Campers per session
Ages 7 - 9
16 Campers per session
Ages 10- 12
16 Campers per session
- Camp registration closes at 5pm the Tuesday before the camp begins. (July 8 - 12 sessions close 2 weeks before camp)
- Please have your credit card on hand as you cannot save the registration information to complete at a later time.
- Wait list: In the event a camp fills, a wait list will be established to fill cancellations.
- All campers must be able to independently use the toilet. The Nature Place staff and AmeriCorps team members can only assist with the washing of hands.
Extended care sessions are available for sessions in which you are registered. There is no sibling discount for extended care.
7:30 am – 9 am daily | $20/week per camper
12 pm – 1 pm Lunch care | $15/week per camper
- Meal not provided.
- Not needed for Bigs ages 10 – 12
4 – 5 pm daily | $15/week per camper
Camp doors will open promptly at 9 am and at 1 pm. Campers not enrolled in extended care must be supervised by a parent/guardian until they are escorted into the open camp room. If campers are dropped off early or picked up late, they will be charged the extended care fee.
Cindy has over 30 years of experience developing and delivering nature education and camp programs around the country. She will be training and supervising the 8 adult AmeriCorps service members who will be the primary camp counselors.
There are always a minimum two trained adult leaders with each group.
An email will be sent to the primary address listed on the registration form the Friday before camp begins at the latest (may be sent earlier). This will include important information about the upcoming session – special days, a general schedule (subject to change as weather and camper conditions dictate), camp counselors’ names, the camper conduct contract, etc.
What to bring:
- Campers should be dressed to be outdoors (no flip flops!) in clothes that can get dirty.
- Water bottles
- Insect repellant
- Snacks for each session are the responsibility of each camper
- Bigs (ages 10 -12) and campers registered for lunch care must bring their own lunch each day
- Activities related to the weekly theme
The majority of each day will be spent outdoors
– except in the event of extreme weather conditions.
Per our Health Policy, campers and staff are expected to arrive at camp in a state of good health. If they are experiencing any signs of illness or require medication to remain comfortable, they should remain at home. If a camper becomes unwell during a session, they will be immediately separated from the group and supervised as a parent is contacted for pickup.
Camp fees are due at the time of registration. Full refunds are issued only when a camp session is cancelled by The Nature Place (does not meet minimum enrollment of 5 campers). If you need to cancel a camp enrollment, you will receive at 50% refund if the request is made 3 weeks prior to the start of camp. Cancellations less than 3 weeks prior to camp receive no refund.