Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the posting time of this position.
The Nature Place (TNP) is a nature-focused community center open to the public, located in beautiful Myrick Park in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Our mission is to inspire and cultivate meaningful connections between people and nature, for the benefit of both. We offer nature education programs and community events for all ages and our unique space is available to visit during open hours or to rent for special events and meetings. The Nature Place is your space, year-round, rain or shine.
The Nature Place occupies the ancestral lands of the Ho-Chunk.
Read More: natureplacelacrosse.org/about/land-acknowledgement
The Nature Place Event Staff will be the first line of contact for guests during events at The Nature Place (TNP). Event Staff will be on hand at TNP during events to ensure that events are successful and safe. Event staff will assist with set up and takedown of each event and will be responsible for ensuring that the facility is clean prior to, during, and after the event and any building needs throughout their shift. Candidates must have excellent communication skills and be willing to work hard to ensure that each event is a success.
This position is primarily weekends and evenings.
- Deliver excellent customer service as first line contact for events at TNP
- Assist with set up and takedown for all events, including tables, chairs, and AV needs
- Regularly check in with event point person during event to ensure needs are being met
- Ensure that facility is clean before, during, and after event
- Assist with any facility-related needs throughout shift
- Enforce The Nature Place policies during events, including alcohol and tobacco policies
- To remain drug free and refrain from use of alcohol or tobacco while on duty
- Communicate any problems to The Nature Place Manager, success, potential issues, updates
- Perform other duties during shift including: light maintenance/cleaning and projects
- at least 18 years of age
- Experience with event management and public relations a must
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service in a dynamic environment
- Proficient communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, hardworking, confident, autonomous
- Has a sense of humor, able to think creatively outside of the box
- Willingness to accept constructive criticism
- Good driving record and a valid driver’s license
- Ready to undergo a criminal background check
- Having a personal cell phone is required.
- First Aid/CPR certification is required. This may be obtained through The Nature Place when hired.
TNP provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran per applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs, and activities for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability, and need to access information in an alternative format, or need it translated into another language, please contact us at 608-782-2494, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Wisconsin Relay 711.
Part-time, flexible scheduling