The Nature Place Event Staff will be the first line of contact for guests during events at The Nature Place (TNP). Event Staff will be on hand at TNP during events to ensure that events are successful and safe. Event staff will assist with set up and takedown of each event and will be responsible for ensuring that the facility is clean prior to, during, and after the event and any building needs throughout their shift. Candidates must have excellent communication skills and be willing to work hard to ensure that each event is a success.
This position is primarily weekends and evenings.
- Deliver excellent customer service as first line contact for events at TNP
- Assist with set up and takedown for all events, including tables, chairs, and AV needs
- Regularly check in with event point person during event to ensure needs are being met
- Ensure that facility is clean before, during, and after event
- Assist with any facility-related needs throughout shift
- Enforce The Nature Place policies during events, including alcohol and tobacco policies
- To remain drug free and refrain from use of alcohol or tobacco while on duty
- Communicate any problems to The Nature Place Manager, success, potential issues, updates
- Perform other duties during shift including: light maintenance/cleaning and projects
- at least 18 years of age
- Experience with event management and public relations a must
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service in a dynamic environment
- Proficient communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, hardworking, confident, autonomous
- Has a sense of humor, able to think creatively outside of the box
- Willingness to accept constructive criticism
- Good driving record and a valid driver’s license
- Ready to undergo a criminal background check
- Having a personal cell phone is required.
- First Aid/CPR certification is required. This may be obtained through The Nature Place when hired.
Part-time, flexible scheduling